- Discrete, analog circuit (no ICs, op-amps in audio path);
- 30dB boost, 5 N.O.S. Germanium transistors;
- Full size, through-hole components;
- True bypass; Active Bass and Treble controls;
- Mid Shift switch tailors mid/high frequency response;
- Gain Shift adjusts low-end response when Gain knob is set above minimum;
- Operates on 9V battery or standard 9V power supply;
- Internal circuitry doubles supply voltage for high headroom.
Volume: Controls output. Leave all the way up for maximum signal boost. Fully counter-clockwise is minimum setting, fully clockwise is max output.
Treble: Active treble control is neutral at the zero position (noon). Settings below zero cut treble frequencies, settings above zero boost treble frequencies.
Bass: Active bass control is neutral at the zero position (noon). Settings below zero cut bass frequencies, settings above zero boost bass frequencies.
Gain: Increasing the gain control boosts overall output and adds Germanium character and distortion/fuzz to the tone. Fully counter-clockwise is minimum setting, fully clockwise is max gain.
Mid-Shift: Extends the upper mids/treble range of the signal when switched to the right. This control is only effective when the treble knob is set to a non-zero position.
Gain Shift: Extends the bass frequencies of the signal when switched to the right. This control is only effective when the gain knob is turned up past the minimum setting. The bass frequencies have a tighter feel when switched to the left and a looser feel when switched to the right.
-Input Impedance = 500 kOhms
-Output Impedance = < 1 kOhms
-34dB clean boost available (15V peak-to-peak output signal before internal clipping. Your amp’s input will clip well before this!)
-Current Consumption = 8 mA